Re: My Dutch cockerel

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on January 22, 19104 at 16:51:26:

In Reply to: My Dutch cockrele? posted by TiffsDutch on January 22, 19104 at 13:54:58:

:Tiff, There are a number of possible reasons for feather color irregularities. Stress can be one--and I think you were having a problem with mixed age group and behaviors. If it is not a hereditary trait (not too likely with your birds), the color may be just fine after his first moult. And maybe he still has some baby feathers with cross stripings. They will be replaced with correctly colored ones when he is old enough. CJR

I hatched a LightBrown Dutch cockrele and he has what seams to be creal patering on some of his feathers. I don't know if this is because of lake of sunlight but It looks realy intersting. I have decided on two breeds my Dutch, and my Brahmas. I do 4-H and everyone asks me what to do when there chickens are in trouble. I love to help people. Im also the secratary of our club and have been for two years now. Im going to do 4-H showmaship this year with my BB RB eastern Nation dutch hen. SHe is the sweetest thing. I find my dutc are more active than my brahmas and I love them for that. I cant wait until sprong comes. I love to show and have been studing really hard already for showmanship. I get alot of information from Dutch breeders and the Dutch websites. I will one day learn as much as I can and mabey get 1st in showmaship rather than 3rd. I will always breed dutch and hopefully i can contribute some money to the club shomehow. I will love to see the dutch at the Merietta and Dayton shows in April. I realy would like some competition.

: Well Thanks ,
: TiffsDutch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]