Re: Dutch Colors!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on November 29, 19103 at 15:17:57:

In Reply to: Dutch Colors! posted by TiffsDutch on November 29, 19103 at 13:42:45:

Hi Tiffs, Mixing colors in Dutch must be done with care and knowledge.

Best to breed Light Brown and Blue Light Brown. You must have one of each color for each mating, and while you will continue to breed some LBxLB, other matings would be BLBxLB.

For a 3rd color, you might select one that would stand alone, for breeding, do not cross with your LB. Ei. Silver, or solid varieties like Black. Or if you can get some good CLB breeding stock, that would be a challenge for another variety--and eventually, you could add Blue Cream Light Brown. Until you are ready to manage your hatches well and successfully, other varieties take more study and might be difficult to obtain your first breeding birds and keep quality--most other varieties are not
easy to get quality color for exhibition.

Takes time, so don't expect huge success the first season, but enjoy every minute with the birds! Glad you are looking ahead!!

CJR

: Well I have dicided to only breed Dutch so I will be breeding three diffent colors. Right now I have Light brown But I dont know what would look good with them or I could use the to breed other colors. What colors should I get?

:
: Thanks,
: TiffsDutch

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: