Re: How blue do we want the Blue in BLB?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by steve on October 28, 19103 at 12:14:59:

In Reply to: Re: How blue do we want the Blue in BLB? posted by Ken on October 28, 19103 at 11:36:13:

: Deb,
: Elsewhere in this thread CJR states that in Europe they like it "the lighter the better" or I've seen it called double blue. I have not bred the Blue variety long enough to see which "shade" manifests most often or how a shade will even hold up with age. IMHO, it seems the path to follow first is to work at getting body and tail color to match.I've read elsewhere that it should be medium blue, but what is medium and for the female back color, which seems to be the watermark for some of the varieties, the Standard tells us that the quality of the stippling is more important than the shade. So I too, would be interested in hearing what somebody else would have to say on this subject. In Japs, but in all breeds, I suppose, they say type first, then color but color defines a variety.
: Ken

: : How dark in shade do we want the blue in a BLB hen? I have always seen it as a blue/gray. Not typical as in blue standarised coloring and not like pigeon blue. Most often we look at the tail as a definer in the blue for the hen and chest for the males. but overall the shade should be?

: : Deb

How clean does the tail need to be? Is it allowable to have a darker blue spot or splash in the tail or does it need to be completely clean ?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]