New subject

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Rog on October 27, 19103 at 01:39:04:

Ok Lets keep this going. I know this a sore subject with some. I really feel we can discuse this subject on this board and be civil about it. Breeding OEG into the Dutch to create a new color. I personaly think that is the problem with alot of our colors. Heck I have it with my blue and black birds. Have mass bred them for 4 years. Twice a year. So thats 8 generations. And I still don`t have correct Dutch type. Have 1 black cockerel this year that may be the best I have ever bred. But you know what ? I don`t have a better hen than him to breed him to. Couple maybe as good , but none better. Guess I raised AQHA horses to long. 10 great mares can make a sorry stud. But a great stud can not make 10 sorry mares. So what I look for in my birds is the good hens. And a good cock to put on them. It`s sure hard to do sometimes. This is the fun part for me. The best bred to the best does not always produse the best. Thats where the breeding and blood lines come in. Both top and bottom side. And another thing I have found out on the good sires. There mothers were double bred and the sire was an outcross. Not. He went back to the same breeding as the females. Only several generations back. So lets go Guys. Rog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]