Re: Computer Database for breeding and show records

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Ken on October 20, 19103 at 09:15:46:

In Reply to: Re: Computer Database for breeding and show records posted by Kristi on October 19, 19103 at 11:32:28:

:Kristi,
Sorry, I sent the last info before I finished.Unfortunately, I don't have the patience or skill or the discipline to construct my own database. Maybe if you decide to go through with yours, you could market it to the fancy. I just know that I made the descision based on what was available at the time and while slightly pricy,it was a long-term investment for me. The careful and complete records will pay benefits in the future. It's the"toy factor" that keeps me up to date with my records.
Ken

Thanks Ken for the tip. I checked it out. Wow, it has a lot of information the software tracks relating to the breeding success of your birds. Much more, it appears than the ZooEasy one has. Lots of the data it seems to track would be very interesting information to have. The ZooEasy one, however, also tracks show information, which is something I want to track as well. It is too bad you can't combine both of them. I'm still not sure if I just want to keep the little database I'm designing myself (although, a database developer, I'm not!). I wish I had known about these programs before I started trying to design one on my own. I wonder how many more of these database software programs exist. I did several internet searches looking for some before I started, but didn't really find anything. Obviously, I didn't do a very thorough search! :)
: Ken, using the software you use, how do you track show information?

: : :Kristi,
: : I use Avimate 3. It was designed for exotics but allows you to put in any kind of breed. You might check it out.
: : Ken

: : Sorry! For some reason some things got added on the end. Try this one instead.
: : : www.smallanimals.zooeasy.com
: : :

: : : : Kristi, Can't reach it, is there an error? CJR

: : : :
: : : : : Check out this website I just found! http://poultry.zooeasy.com/?GoogleHoendersEngels_3
: : : : : It is a breeding and show database for people like us. This was developed in the Netherlands. I haven't purchased it yet as I just discovered it yesterday and I am halfway through developing my own database based on Microsoft Access. If I had only seen this earlier I would never have spent the time I have in the last few months learning Access and how to develop a database. But since this zooeasy database looks so good, I may just scrap my own database and buy this one. I'm still deciding though. Let me know what you think of this software.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]