Re: Interesting article

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Rog on October 17, 19103 at 15:03:23:

In Reply to: Re: Interesting article posted by Ken on October 17, 19103 at 13:37:50:

Steve Like Ken said. The bad traits will follow you forever. You may get a generation after a while that won`t show it. But it will still be there and will show up again sooner or later. More than likely sooner. Alot of the US Dutch are tainted with OEG. Some on purpose. But thanks to several people the true Holland Dutch are available in the US also. And there is getting to be more and more. As far as introdusing new blood , I don`t feel we need it right now if you start with good Holland birds. There are several breeders right now that have some different lines that are all from the original good line. When the time comes and I feel I need to introduse new blood it will be from one of those breeders that has the same original line I have now. Get a bird that is 5 or 6 generations from your line with the same breeding as your original birds. It will still be new blood for your line. And will be as close as you can come to compatible new blood. Rog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]