Re: Could we discuss the breeding of BLB

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Rog on October 07, 19103 at 17:30:35:

In Reply to: Could we discuss the breeding of BLB posted by Deb on October 03, 19103 at 12:02:05:

Well lets see here. I have 2 BLB cockerels that I think are going to have pretty nice tails. Have to wait awhile now.They are molting. But from what Jean has said I think the tail feathers will be darker than the breast feathers. Will use the 1 with the darkest tail and put him on a couple blue hens. Then work on breeding the red out.But thats another story.Have 3 real young BLB cockerels also. But guys they will have to get a lot older before I can tell anything about them. Have several pullets and I really think you can tell more about them younger. From the few I have raised of the cockerels It seems (to me)that they don`t really get good until the second year. Which I like personaly , cause if I like them as youngsters I can`t wait for the next year. And a few have been disapointments too. But oh that 1 good 1 that gets better ,wow , It`s worth all the effort and time. And makes you think , what will he produce if I breed him right. Ya just have to love it. "Let`s go Dutch" right Deb & CJR ?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]