a thought

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Deb on October 07, 19103 at 14:23:04:

In Reply to: Re: Some promo ideas posted by Ken on October 07, 19103 at 12:08:32:

At the national 2 years ago here we had zippo. I ended up running and making copies of my stuff to hand out. I think it should be an essential thing at shows, maybe more so at Nationals but some of our other shows have a vast number of entries like here in November where on average almost 2000. Alot of the stuff we could pull right off line.

Deb

: Deb,
: Some good ideas. If I'm not mistaken, the Club has a display that Ric has asked several times for new pictures to update it with, even as recent as the National's in Ohio.. But sadly, I think he has not had much response. But that does not mean that with some persistence and perserverance it wouldn't work. I think everyone will agree that diligence is the key, in Club affairs, promotion and in breeding.
: Ken: We all discuss ways to promote the breed and the club well here are some ideas based upon observations.

: : Shows are the one of the best avenues for all that gather or visit have so many question with some even seeking a particular breed and specific information. It would be nice if clubs and breeders had some type of flyer giving some detail of the breed , lisitng varieties, maybe some history and definatly club information. It could be a one page or two page type flyer. Something handy, being that many times a breeder is distracted by exhibiting, and would make the inquierer less frustrated by receiving something that day and not have to make a call or wait for the mail. So many times we exchange numbers only to have them lost in the shuffle of a show.

: : I would love to see each show have some type of display table, nothing big could be in a corner but totally focused and representative of the Dutch. Layed out with contact informatin maybe some pics. A gathering spot for Dutch breeders who come in, touch base hang out when they are not pacing the floor. Easily recognisable by others who may not be club members, or who are new to the breed and exhibiting. A friendly spot maybe some coffee and donuts , but an example of what we have to offer , hospitality and information. Reprints of past articles, variety descriptions, type descriptions, there is a host of material that we could make readily available to folks.

: : Included in that stuff for our young people. Poultry information, club information that pertains to their age group. There are alot of kids that show Dutch that are not club members. Here they could get hands on information, that they could present to their parents. Sometimes parents need to know or have validation of their dollar. Help the kids to feel like in joining they are part of something.

: : Not everyone has access to the internet for speedy replies and information.

: : Ok tell me what you think.

: : Deb

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]