Corrected Standards for BLB female

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on October 06, 19103 at 17:49:30:

In Reply to: Re: Could we discuss the breeding of BLB posted by Ken on October 06, 19103 at 14:11:35:

The article was written in 1996, I think, and now both APA and ABA, do have the female body color correct. It is a color hard to photograph (same as female CLB). Old 81W, BLB hen, has it right--pictured on my website. She still comes out beautifully after each moult. Her granddaughter, 34Y, is still not as golden brown as I would like, as her blue peppering is so fine that it nearly covers each feather's tan. When my daughter, who does my webpage, comes in another week or two, maybe we can get some feather pictures. However, if not layered, they still do not give the right effect.
Thanks for the correction, Ken, maybe Loren will redo the Dutch articles one day.
Have posted some more pictures on my webpage--the Klaren Beek Show of 1996, but did not include a BLB female--will have to add one. CJR

: Deb,
: I might be wrong and CJR or someone else might be able to correct me if I am, but stuck in my mind is something about the APA Standard being adjusted or was considering adjusting the description for the BLB female coloration to follow the overseas Standards a little more closely. I does seem that it is a bit difficult to describe the coloration as you have suggested.
: Ken Crooked Oak Bantams
: : Have some BLB here that are just developing most slendidly. but I was looking around and noticed we need some updated breeding information. Have you ever noticed it is the one color that is so hard to give a proper description on?

: : Deb

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]