Re: Proposed Cream Light Brown Standard Vote

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on June 19, 19103 at 01:41:09:

In Reply to: Proposed Cream Light Brown Standard Vote posted by CJR on June 18, 19103 at 21:44:39:

Sorry about the spelling error, will correct it later.

Wanted to add that the CLB is not widely bred in the Netherlands. I have seen more CLBs in the U.S. than in Holland, but few correct ones over here. It is always a challenge to breed better birds--in type and in color. We CAN do it! CJR

: Today, I received the Dutch Tweet Newsletter, with the request for Vote: YES or NO, for the proposed CLB Standard. The APA asked for the Club to discuss the wording, but as expected, this has not taken place, just a vote. And a vote that can be taken by all our members, whether or not the CLB is bred or understood.

: My Vote has been returned: _x__NO, I do not vote to adopt and use this wording. My suggestion is that the wording should be______________THAT OF THE ENTIRE CREAM LIGHT BROWN STANDARD OF THE NETHERLANDS.

: We have adopted a breed that indeed is "A Leading Exhibition Breed in England and Europe". The Dutch Bantam in The Netherlands is more uniform and a much more glamourous bantam than, until recently, has been bred, seen and shown in the United States. We have an opportunity to breed birds of the same quality and beauty as in Holland, by adopting the standards by which their birds are bred. Writing our own, creates a different bird--and lacking in the brilliance that is sought in the CLBs abroad. By accepting a dominant BROWN look to the females, will give acceptance to breeding females that will lose the brilliance of their yellow hackles and eventually have a closer question, between Light Brown and Cream Light Brown females. The CLB is not a simple recessive to LB, in its exhibition color. It takes selection of color for breeding birds (same as Silvers--do not breed from any that have rust or color on back or wings.) There is a "s" gene "attached", with the "igig", which is a graying factor in the female body color. It can never be brought out as a Silver bird--but has an influence on the gold turned to creamy yellow color of the CLBs. The variety needs the Greyish, not Brown, to bring our birds up to Standards of Europe. We should not be second-best, but JUST AS FINE!

: We have an opoportunity to "do it right"!

: CJR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]