Re: Dutch variety names German/English

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on May 15, 19103 at 10:48:54:

In Reply to: Dutch variety names German/English posted by CJR on May 14, 19103 at 21:09:20:

:

AT Guildehaus, there were 6 more varieties of Dutch that are "in progress"of development. They were displayed in a separate room, and were not in competition at the show.
At the end of the pictures on the German Dutch Bantam site, you will find a picture of a pen of Porzellon-farbig (MilleFleur) Dutch. While this variety has been accepted in The Netherlands, it has not, in other countries. I have a picture of the MilleFleurs at Gildehaus--they were better than mine, but still not truly Dutch Bantams in MF.

The "display" of new varieties (a number of them at Klarenbeek-50th Anniversay Show in Holland,) is a very good thing. It gives everyone a chance to see birds "in progress", what needs to be corrected before the birds go for an "approval" show, and a chance to discuss the variety before the birds are put in competition. How I wish our Shows had room for such exhibits. For the MilleFleur, at present, (those are a pen of my birds on the German site) to win a Variety Class with these birds, is no credit to the Dutch Breed! My birds are getting better and it is hoped to have some ready for disbursal by next year. They have the most delightful temperment, seem to be practically nonsetters, beautiful husky chicks and a joy to work with---but not yet to exhibit.

It is only a WISH that our "new" varieties can be held back from show competition until they are truly Dutch! CJR

Because of the number of photos of Dutch Bantam varieties, on the German Dutch Bantam Club website, several asked about the names in English. Here are the varieties that were shown at Gildehaus, 2001.

: Goldhalsig--Light Brown
: Blau-Goldhalsig--Blue Light Brown
: Orangehalsig--Cream Light Brown
: Silberhalsig--Silver
: Blau-Silberhalsig--Blue Silver
: Gold-Weizenfarbig--Wheaten
: Silber-Weizenfargig--Salmon
: Gelb-Schwarzcolumbia--Yellow (Buff) Columbian
: Wachtelfargig--Quail
: Silber-Wachtelfarbig-Silver Quail
: Rotgestattelt--Red Shouldered White (Red Pyle)
: Weiss--White
: Schwarz--Black
: Blau--Blue
: Perlgrau--Self Blue
: Gesperbert--Cuckoo
: Kennfarbig--Crele

: Perhaps, Malte, you will make corrections of any errors? CJR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: