Re: Website of the German Dutch Bantam Club

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on May 13, 19103 at 13:43:40:

In Reply to: Re: Website of the German Dutch Bantam Club posted by TiffsDutch on May 13, 19103 at 11:51:44:

Tiffsdutch, This variety is not exactly "Red Pyle", and is translated: Red Shouldered White. In German, Rotgesattelt, in Dutch, Roodgeschouderd Wit.
We cannot "make" this variety in true Dutch Bantams in the U.S., because we do not have dominant White Dutch Bantams. There have been many attempts, some partly successful, but it has not been possible to keep the Dutch type in the offspring, nor the pure white in those areas which must be pure white. It is not an easy variety to breed in exhibition quality, at best! . . . someday, we will have them here, but don't hold your breath!

The German breeders who exhibit the Red Shouldered Whites may have the best available anyplace!

And Malte--the German Dutch Bantam Club has a very fine site.
Will there be a Dutch Bantam Club Show in Germany in 2004? (presume any shows in 2003 are on hold because of the Avian Influenza outbreak).
The show at Gildehaus was spectacular!

CJR

CJR

: Malte,
: Wow I have never seen the red pyle looking dutch! I can't read it but the pics. are amazing!

: TiffsDutch
: : I will add you to my personal web site!! Best of Luck !!

: : : We, the German Dutch Bantam Club loaded just up our new website which you can find under: www.sv.gefluegel.org

: : : Would be glad if you add our site to your link-pages!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]