Re: Fowarded from ADBS site - CLB

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Rog on March 10, 19103 at 01:18:03:

In Reply to: Fowarded from ADBS site - CLB posted by Brian on March 09, 19103 at 21:03:25:

Well it seems to me at least a little progress has been made. I personaly have never seen a hen with the correct color. Or a great cock. So what. I have seen pictures of the correct color and type. Most were Pictures of birds in Holland. But have seen a few , very few pictures of US birds that were right. And if you study the Holland Dutch breeding you will not have a problem knowing were I saw them. Wasn`t South. So what`s the trouble with the Holland standard? They bred them. They made the breed. So what is the problem with using there standard. Don`t screw up these birds. Keep the OEG out of them. And the Leghorn bantams. One of your officers told me what she had used to make a new color. People , lets keep the Dutch , Dutch. They are Holland Dutch. So what the heck is wrong with American Holland Dutch. I`m sure they used other breeds in the Dutch to creat new colors in Holland. But they were smart enough to not show them until they had the true Dutch type bred back into them. DA. And I`ll bet they never used the wrong feather type birds to start with. 7 to 10 years to get a new color right and the type right. 3 years here with a new color. Nice color ,but not Dutch , Old English Game with the better feathers from the Dutch. Sorry but I just want to breed birds to the standard of were they came from. Not a new standard that a few breeders set in a new country. Breed true , not new. It`s up to you. Rog

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]