The CLB Standard

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by CJR on March 07, 19103 at 23:47:45:

There has been some mail ever since the Muscle Shoals Show, with questions. Some people, not ADBS Club members have never seen any Standard for the Cream Light Brown, either Holland translations, the one of England, or the final edition proposed to the APA Standards of Perfection Committee.

One question that came because the final entry at MS did not include anyone much out of the Show area. Why did others, now concerned about the standard language, not bring their birds, if they were correct and the judge found difficulty with the birds according to the final submitted standard?? Well, why would you bring birds that do not fit the last revised, proposed standard?? Personally, I had always worked to breed my CLB birds to the translated Standard of Holland--they do not fit the present proposed Standard. There are other breeders of CLBs, who do not have birds that fit this revised Standard. There was no problem with judging CLBs until the standard was changed.

Another question that has come up more than once, is: well, what about the Blue Cream Light Brown standard? And should we be writing one? Here, the problem is a little different, since the BCLB is not bred in Holland, but it is bred and shown in England--and they DO have a Standard for the BCLB. And it matches the Dutch and English standard for the CLB.

So, rather than make this post longer, I will later, post,separately, 3 translations from the Holland Standard, similar, but each done by a different person in Holland, English is, of course, not their first language! 4th, will be the English Standard for CLB. 5th, the first proposed CLB standard for U.S.--then, the last, revised standard. submitted to the APA. Takes a lot of space, and I do not type well, but will give you informtion about this unique variety, of which the Dutch Bantam is the only breed in the U.S. and is introducing it. Some of you may never have seen all the information. There is little doubt that many of the first CLBs were better color--some were not, but that the indiscriminate breeding of Swavers (read the article) has made the Swaver color dominant, instead of the beautiful original color. In the long run, the color of the males will be affected, if only Swaver females are used for breeding!

CJR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]