What is the ADBS doing to the CLB standard?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]

Posted by Brian on February 14, 19103 at 16:29:57:

I have just read on the ADBS home page that the ADBS has decided to change the color description wording for CLB's from "creamy gray" to "greyish brown". They are doing this because the judge at the CLB qualifier suggested this would better describe the birds he was judging.

My thinking is that with "grayish yellow" being the accepted standard for Dutch, English, German, Norwegian and Danish Cream Light Browns, the American birds should be bred to the same color standard. If a judge says that the birds look more "greyish brown" the answer is not to change the standard to fit the birds but to try and improve the birds to the standard. There is a big difference between "greyish brown" and the correct "grayish yellow".

This does not make any sense to me. What do others think about having to breed and show their CLB's to the wrong color in the future? I can't imagine culling a really nice grayish yellow backed hen and instead selecting an inferior greyish brown to meet the foolish standard set by the ADBA.

Greyish Yellow - universal accepted standard * Creamy Grey - original proposed U.S. standard * Newly proposed U.S. standard is Greyish Brown."

-Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dutch Bantam Discussion Board ]